Tuesday, July 27, 2010

3am Wake Up Call

June 25th, 2010 Rylee had her 8th Birthday Sleepover! This is the third year she has done it, and has absolutely loved it each year!




The early birds...
Madison, Rylee, Shaylee and Shayne

For a mom that burns most everything I cook/bake, I was surprised when Rylee requested these peanut butter cookies "I make" instead of a cake!

All the crazy girls that I got the pleasure of entertaining!
Shayne, Dez, Ali, Rylee, Madison, Shaylee and Dee Dee

This was the girls at about 10:30pm. They were calmly unwinding while watching a movie.

After the movie was over, and the girls 'seemed' to be asleep, I ventured to bed (about 11:15). However, at 3AM I heard a wrestling sound. I woke up (kind of grumpy) and walked into the living room to find all but one of the girls UP, sitting in a circle, talking and tossing a water bottle around!!! I couldn't believe it! Did I really believe that I could have seven young girls over, and have them to bed at a decent hour...NOT? After a few 'kind' words I went back to my bed and listened very carefully. Thirty minutes later, they were out...thank goodness! The next morning they were all very sleepy because I had mommy's and daddy's come pick them all up by nine because Cutter had a T-Ball game at 10am! Needless to say, our bed time came early Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment